Do you want to start your makeup company? Are you looking to start a beauty shop online? Do you already have a physical store and want to take it online? If yes, you need an online presence to help you reach a wide audience. Everyone is online nowadays and it makes sense for you to build a web presence too! If you are looking for all of this, you are in the right place! In this article, we will go through some of the basics of building a shop online and provide you with insights that will help you in the future. Dive in!
The beauty industry is booming. Before we begin with the steps, here are some mind-boggling statistics for you:
- By 2024, the global beauty industry is expected to reach a value of $863 billion!
- Nearly 50% of women search for products online.
- Skincare accounts for 45% of total cosmetic product sales.
- 40% of millennials use Instagram for beauty inspiration.
Why you should build an online beauty website?
eCommerce is designed to work ideally for both customers and retailers and we think you should take maximum advantage! Making an online website is easy! It does not take a lot of investment. Did you know that so many brands started with an online shop first, and then an offline shop? Your website builds a reputation in the minds of the consumer. The pandemic has been harsh on all of us. However, as more and more activities take place online, there is now a place for beauty products shopping online. Your customer base is more likely to prioritize skincare and makeup items.
Features your website should have:
Where there is a range of features your website should have, a beauty website should have a few more additional features that can ensure loyalty and increase sales. There are some issues with online shopping for beauty products such as no testing, no consulting, and difficulty in finding the product. However, there can be other features a website can incorporate, such as:
1. Robust search tool:
A lot of people prefer physical products because it allows them to try out different cosmetics. This is why you should provide them with different search tools so they can find what they are looking for. Some kinds of filters can be ‘features’, ‘brand’, ‘price’, and so on.
Also Read: Top WordPress Photography Themes
Again, you need to help out your customers when it comes to consulting. Your website should have a smart recommendation feature – which means you should provide them with tailored recommendations based on past purchases, viewed products, search history, and so on. Some common ways of doing this are by suggesting complementary or similar products, new arrivals, featured products, and so on.
Most customers like to try out things without buying them and your website should be able to overcome this limitation with ease. A lot of brands have implemented virtual mirrors on their website that scans the face of customers and creates a close-to-reality experience for them. All customers have to do is select makeup products and different shades!
For example, this is a virtual try-on feature by Sephora:
Communication is important when it comes to online shopping. Users can chat with bots to get professional advice or any help. For online beauty shops, AI-powered chatbots can be hugely beneficial. Additionally, you can also invite real specialists to communicate with customers through chat. For example, shoppers can upload their pictures and the specialist can give recommendations based on that.
Reviews are crucial for online websites. A lot of people buy products after checking out the reviews. This means that you should encourage your buyers to leave reviews on your website after they have received their orders. To put it simply, reviews are a powerful trust-building tool. But you will have to ensure that reviews are genuine. It is important to ask for online reviews from your customers, respond to such reviews, share online reviews, and so on.
Here are some key statistics when it comes to reviews:
- 92% of B2B buyers are more likely to purchase after reading a review.
- 3.3 is the minimum star rating required by a consumer to engage with a business.
- Four out of five consumers have changed their minds about a recommended purchase after reading negative reviews online.
Steps to follow to create a beauty website:
- Discovery – You need to study the market, figure out your competition, and the features you need. Next, prepare a business model and prepare documents required for starting an online business. You will also have to understand your target audience and their needs.
- Choosing your MVP (Minimum Viable Product): What should your website be about? Once you have proved the viability of your product, you can enhance the same and add features to your website. This includes products that will attract early-adopter customers and validate your product idea early. With this, you can receive user feedback in your initial stages and improve your website/product accordingly.
- Web design, content creation, and promotion: Now it’s time to create a website with the use of website builders. You should make a vibrant website that will attract people from across the world. Your website should have different categories, be user-friendly, responsive, look lively, and have a range of high-quality products.
- Feedback: You need to always ask your customers for feedback and implement them in your strategies. Always stay ahead of your competition and have an edge over them by focusing on what your audience wants. Feedback helps you to improve your products and website according to the preference of your visitors.
Here is a helpful blog on how to create a business website.
So, there you go! This is how you can build a beauty shop website for your business! Take maximum advantage of the resources you have and get started! We hope this has been helpful. Thank you for reading and all the best!