Online coaching services are the new norm in 2021. Since the worldwide Covid-19 pandemic began, most things have moved towards online platforms, including coaching services. While a lot of people have invested in creating online coaching services, not many have been successful in earning a fruitful income out of it. This is mainly because the owners fail to understand how to sell their online coaching services.
Well, the key is to select the right Learning Management System (LMS). With the right LMS, you can gain access to ample features and plugins that can help your courses reach a wider audience, thus getting you more learners. In this article, we will help you create an online coaching service with two of the best and easiest LMS in the market – WordPress and LearnDash. So let’s begin!
Creating an online course for coaching services
First things first, let’s look at what you will need before you start creating your course on WordPress:
- A course idea that will help others to learn new skills.
- A domain name. This will be your website’s address.
- An eLearning management plugin and some add-ons to create and manage courses.
What is the need to create an online coaching service?
Building an online coaching service gives the educator immense advantages. It is a great way to share knowledge and create an impact on the world. It also helps one to reach a bigger audience and give a comfortable educational experience to the student. On the other hand, it is also a great source of passive income. It also provides a teacher with easier time management and flexibility. Lastly, you can create a brand name for yourself with the help of online coaching services – all of this with minimum investment.
Using WordPress for coaching services
WordPress is one of the best content management systems out there and an ideal choice to sell coaching services online. Here are some important things to remember:
- Humanize your website by showing your images and social media links. Having an ‘About’ page is hugely essential.
- Create a Services page. You can use our WooCommerce addon Woo Sell Services for the same. It allows you to sell your services with ease to customers – just like how products are sold online. All you need to do is add a new product type called Services. Moreover, you can add conversation sections and product review and rating features.
- Adding testimonials gives more credibility to your brand. Creating a portfolio is another thing you can do. We always recommend adding images in galleries and slideshows.
- The next step is to create a contact page. We suggest that you make it pretty straightforward and add all the necessary fields.
- Since you’re doing all this to get paid, it is essential to add a payments page!
Selling your course with WordPress
- Create your program and activate a public URL.
- Create a sales page and add the reasons why a user should purchase your class.
- Download and install a payments gateway.
- Create success pages that will include the kinds of coaching services you provide.
- Create your product.
Using LearnDash for coaching services
To create and monetize your coaching services, LearnDash is an excellent tool. LearnDash needs a WordPress website. Let’s quickly go over the steps:
- Install WordPress – this requires you to purchase web hosting and a domain name.
- Install the LearnDash plugin.
- Install a LearnDash compatible WordPress theme (for example, BudddyX, Reign Theme).
- Configure basic theme settings.
- Create your first course.
- Install a plugin to design core pages (for example, Elementor).
- You will get a course page with the LearnDash plugin.
- Create your login and registration page. You can again use free plugins for the same.
- Create custom navigation menus.
- Set up WooCommerce and payment gateways.
- Create your checkout page.
- Install other plugins for better functionality.
WordPress gives the user complete freedom to design courses, provides easy customization with its plethora of themes and plugins, is extremely easy to manage and is SEO-friendly. It is a great option to create coaching services.
LearnDash helps you to create courses, lessons, and sections simply. It gives your students an immersive learning experience and complete control over how your page looks and the content included. Additionally, you can use gamification techniques by keeping your students engaged and interested in your course and make learning easy for them!
To put it simply, eLearning is incomplete without WordPress and LearnDash. WordPress and LearnDash are both great when it comes to designing an online course. They are also used by millions of customers around the world. Now you too can easily create and sell coaching services online without much hassle. We hope this article has given you a detailed idea about how to sell services online. All the best with your online course!